* In case of any delay in receiving the OTP, you may verify it later. Please proceed without verification.
Please enter your Email ID or Mobile number used at the time of registration.
If you enter your Email ID, your password will be sent to your Email ID or
if you enter your Mobile number, your password will be sent through an SMS on
your Mobile -
Ambehta is a town that belongs to Saharanpur district of Uttar Pradesh. The town is located at a distance of 30 km from the district headquarters Saharanpur, 569 km away from the state headquarters Lucknow and 93 km away from the national capital Delhi. Hindi is the chief spoken language in the town.
Geography of Ambehta
The town is elevated at a height of 269 meters above sea level and has its coordinates at 29° 52' 23 North latitude and 77° 20' 28 East longitude. The town is bounded by Gangoh Tehsil in the South, Rampur Maniharan in the East, Nanauta Tehsil in the South and Sarsawan Tehsil in the North. The villages surrounding the town are Chandav 3 km away, Dhayki 3 km away, Nawazpur 3 km away, Daidpura 4 km away and Kandol 4 km away. The cities that are located closer to Ambehta are Nakur 8 km away, Rampur Maniharan 12 km away, Saharanpur 26 km away and Haibat 30 km away. The Taluks closer to the town are Nakur at 8 km, Gangoh at 12 km, Rampur Maniharan at 13 km and Nanauta at 20 km from the town. The districts that lie near Ambehta are Yamuna Nagar 35 km away, Karnal 43 km away and Kurukshetra 53 km away. The town belongs to Doab region as Ambehta comes under the fertile region that is located between the banks of rivers Ganga and Yamuna. The town is close to the proximity of Himalayan region so tropical climate prevails. Summers are hot and winters are cold in the town. Humidity is also higher in Ambehta. June is the hottest month and January is the coldest month in Ambehta.
As per 2011 census the town has a total of 224 families with a total population of 1276 out of which male constitutes 675 and female constitutes 601. The average sex ratio in the town is 890 female out of 1000 female. The children between the age group of 0 to 6 years are 214 out of which boys constitute 118 and girls constitute 96. The total literacy rate in Ambehta is 60.08 % out of which male constitutes 69.66 % and female constitutes 49.50 %, this ratio is very low when compared to the average literacy ratio of the state. Nearly 348 of the total population are employed out of which 87.07 % i.e. 303 are engaged in main work and the rest of 12.93 % i.e. 45 are engaged in marginal work. Out of the total population nearly 15.28 % constitute people from Schedule Caste.
Administration in Ambehta
Ambehta constitutes a Nagar Panchayat which is administered by a Sarpanch who is elected by the people and also heads village administration; he is in-charge of revenue collection. Ambehta operates under the Saharanpur division of the state administration and the division commissioner is responsible for administration and revenue in Saharanpur district which includes Ambehta. The current division commissioner of Ambehta is Sri Tanveer Zafar Ali. Under Division Commisioner the District collector of Saharanpur administers the district. The current district collector is Shri Indra Vir Singh Yadav IAS. The district Saharanpur is sub-divided into 5 Tehsils namely Saharanpur, Deoband, Nakur, Behat and Rampur Maniharan. Out of these Tehsils Ambehta Nagar Panchayat comes under Behat Tehsil. Ambehta comes under Sahraranpur Lok Sabha constituency. The current MP of Ambehta is Shri Raghav Lakhanpal.
Tourist Places near Ambehta
There are many popular places of worship within Saharanpur district namely, Dargah Abdul Qudoos, Shakumbhari Devi Mandir, Dar-ul-Uloom, Bala Sindari Mandir, Naugaja Peer, Dera Banda Nawaz and many more. Popular tourist destinations near Ambehta are Yamuna Nagar 30 km away, Karna Lake at 41 km, Chhachhrauli at 47 km, Roorkee at 58 km and Kurukshetra at 62 km. All these are very beautiful tourist attractions that support a one-day tour from the town as they all are located within 65 km from Ambehta.
Economy in Ambehta
Agriculture is the main occupation in the town as Ambehta lies in the fertile belt of Uttar Pradesh. Both Gangetic canal irrigation and tube well irrigation are incorporated for cultivation. The main crops cultivated here are rice especially basmati rice, sugar cane, potatoes, wheat and certain fruits.
Transport Facilities in Ambehta
Ambehta has good transport facility that connects it with the nearby towns and cities. The town is also close to many major roads like MDR 22W and UP SH 57. It does not own an airport or a railway station. Saharanpur railway station is the nearby major railway station which is at a distance of 25 km. Other nearby railway stations are Rampurmani Hara railway station and Bhankala Halt railway station both at 14 km distance from the town. The airports near the town are Muzaffarnagar Airport at 63 km and Dehradun Airport at 93 km from Ambehta.